Are you planning to buy and invest in gold chains?
Gold chains are one of the most common pieces of jewelry. It has become an essential piece since historic times up until now for both men and women.
Gold chains may appear to be so simple. But you’ll find it difficult to choose from many varieties of length as well as the purity of them. These are some of the factors you might want to consider before searching for a gold chain:
- Decide on your budget
Gold chains come with different prices depending on the solidity, length, style, and type of the chain you want. So if you are planning to invest in gold chains, you might want to set a budget. It will help you narrow your choices while buying.
- Choose a reliable jewelry store
Investing in gold jewelry means spending money you’ve worked hard for. That’s why you deserve to be secured by a jewelry store that does not just sell but also can guide you in deciding what to buy.
Mint Jewelers by Boodaddy Diamonds has been in the business for 30 years with combined experiences. A jewelry store in Hollywood FL, there is nothing they can’t do. From customization of simple solders up to extravagant jewelries, name it and they’ll make it. They also buy fine watches such as Rolex, Patek Phillipe, Cartier, Paneri and many other fine brands out there.
- Think of how long do you want it to be
The most common sizes for gold chains are ranging from 14 to 22 inches. In buying gold chains, the size does matter. You don’t want to be choked because you bought a too short-chain, right? And you don’t want to be detangling your necklace because it’s too long, do you?
- Decide which type do you want
It is essential to know what type of chain you want to have. And for you to know what you want, you must first know their different types. The following are the common types of gold chains:
- Cable chain – is probably the most common type of gold chain. It looks like a tiny version of the typical iron chain.
- Figaro – originated in Italy and has flattened links of varying sizes alternately patterned. Usually, the pattern of Figaro is 2 or 3 small links followed by 1 bugger link.
- Snake Chain– knitted closely to each other to form a pattern that looks like a snake’s skin. This type goes very well with pendants because they are flexible and very delicate.
- Wheat Chain – It is well known to women because of its intricate pattern of the soft golden braid.
- Singapore Chain – this type is well known for its strength and durability. It is also considered one of the most delicate-looking chains.
- Cuban Chain – a timeless type of chain. It interlocks round or oval links and will beautifully lay flat on your neck or wrist. And because of its popularity, the cuban chain became the standard design for gold jewelry.
- Make sure you know your style.
The thinner the chain is, the more classy and elegant it looks. So if you’re a minimalist type of person, it is highly recommended to choose a thin gold chain. If you are bold and have an outgoing personality, on the other hand, thicker chains might be best for you.
- Decide how solid you want your gold chain to be.
You have to know that there are different types of gold solidity. Golds in the market don’t necessarily mean that you are buying 100% or 24k. You’ll have to choose between 14k, 18k, 22k, or 10k.
Just take note that the higher karatage results in a weaker chain and lower karatage can affect the color quality.
- Think of its safekeeping
Since you would like to start investing in gold jewelry, you may want to consider investing in jewelry safe as well. You do not want to lose all your investments just because they are not properly safe kept, do you?
There are several things to consider before buying and investing in gold. Everyone has different preferences. Some may consider the style while some focus on the price and affordability.
Gold is one of the most popular investments in the market right now. It is considered a haven for people who want to invest in something. It can be as unpredictable as the stock market but has held a remarkable value over a very long term.